Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Viva La Revolucion!

Today my wife's new "Droid" showed up.  And as she began to show me the seemingly unlimited number of things that this little handheld device could do (because using it as a phone is its least important function),  I couldn't help but think of the movie "The Terminator".  Does no one remember the premise that when the computers became self-aware, they decided to take over the world?! 

People want to believe in the evolutionary concept...which, by definition, means "a process in which something passes by degrees to a different stage (especially a more advanced or mature stage).  However, what I witness in my day to day life points in quite the opposite direction.  The advancement of technology continues to pummel us into a deeper, dumber, more vulnerable state of being.  I, admittedly, am T.C. (Technologically Challenged).  And my ADD doesn't allow me the patience to focus on all the options that today's computers, phones, T.V.s, etc. have to offer.

So, when they DO decide to take over the world, I'm certain that some of us will be spared to serve as slaves to our new automated masters.  But, as we have seen so many times in history, there will be a revolution...and when it starts, I'll be hiding in a cave using my fingers to count the days til Christ's return!

VIVA LA REVOLUCION!

Gal 5:1 It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore, keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery

No comments:

Post a Comment