Monday, September 20, 2010

No, I Want a Coffee!

Sometimes I think that this world is trying to push me over the edge.  I go to Starbucks and order a large coffee and they ask me, "You want a Venti?" And I respond, "No, I want a coffee."  They sweetly reply, "No, I mean what size do you want?"  I calmly respond, "A large."  They then say, "Ok, a Venti"  I say, "No, a coffee!" And on and on it goes...until I look at the board and I see that my size choices are Tall, Grande, and Venti and I think to myself...how could a Tall and a Grande NOT be a large.  At the same time, I should also automatically know what  a Venti means?" 

The battle continues when I stop for fast food at the drive thru and my daughter wants a burger and a drink...for reasons I don't understand, she doesn't like fries. So, I ask for the burger and before I can finish, they ask me if I'd like the combo and I tell them "No, just the burger and the drink." They respond, "But if you get the combo, it would be cheaper."  So I say, "Why don't you just keep the fries and charge me the same cheap price and then everyone's happy."  To which they have no response, but look at me like I've broken some cardinal fast food law.

Sometimes it seems these little things (when added up) tend to push me over the edge.  I often hear people say that these are attacks by Satan, but I like to believe that God's in charge and they are actually His ways of trying to teach me in an area that I am admittedly lacking in...patience.  So next time you feel you are being attacked, try and remain open-minded.  Maybe God is trying to teach you something.

2 Timothy 2:24~ The Lord's bondservant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged.

Romans 8:28~ And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

2 comments:

  1. I am convinced that they want me to order in Italian sizes to make me sound foolish. I just refuse to do it. And when I tell the "Batista" this they are highly offended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK my spell check changed it "Barista"

    ReplyDelete