Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Stressful Dream


DSF: Heaven's Gate
Originally uploaded by Phota
I had a pretty intense dream the other night. I met a woman who was lost and confused. She was looking as if in a daze, so I approached and started to talk with her. As the conversation progressed, I realized that she was truly lost. I tried to give her the only directions I knew. I explained to her how we are all sinners and we all need forgiveness and that by accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior, she could be saved, forgiven and have eternal life right away. Her response was that she had heard this before and really felt a tugging in her heart to make the decision, but that she wasn't ready yet. She got in her car and drove away. As I watched her leave, her car was sideswiped by a diesel truck and immediately burst into flames. The next thing I knew, I was standing at the end of a hallway as an observer. I watched as she and her two children walked down the length of the hallway. She was stopped by a figure who said to her children, "You guys can go on by." But to her, he said, "You're going to have to turn and go the other way." She asked, "Why do my kids get to go on without me?" The figure told her, "They were never given a true opportunity to make the decision themselves, so the decision was made for them." To which, she asked, "What decision?" He responded, "The decision to ask for God's forgiveness." She quickly replied, "But I was going to ask! I just wasn't ready yet!" To this, the voice responded as if it were crying, "And you were going to be forgiven as soon as you asked, but you waited too long."

At that moment, I woke up feeling as if I were completely stressed out about something. I started trying to interpret what exactly I was supposed to do with that dream. I started making a mental list of the people that I have told about the salvation of Jesus Christ that haven't yet accepted Him. I know I can't force anyone to believe, but nobody knows when they'll have their last opportunity. So, if I have any message to take from this dream, it's to relentlessly pray for those you love...that they will open their hearts and let Jesus in.

Luke 11:9-10~ "So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and he who seeks, finds; and to him who knocks, it will be opened."

No comments:

Post a Comment