Thursday, October 14, 2010

Just Call Me Norman


I was watching an episode of Star Trek once in which Captain Kirk and a man named Harry Mudd had to outsmart an android.  Kirk told the robot (Norman) that everything Harry says is a lie...at which point, Harry tells the robot that he is lying "right now."  As Norman tries to process this thought, he overloads, his head begins to smoke and eventually shorts out.  (This scene is found about halfway through the above clip.)

Today, I saw a commercial come on TV in which a candidate for governor said that they were going to lower taxes, create jobs and improve the schools and then added that their opponent was a liar.  Immediately following this commercial was another commercial from the "opponent"... THEY stated that THEY were going to lower taxes, create jobs, and improve the schools and again, finished with a similar statement about how THEIR opponent was a liar.  As I tried to process this, my brain overloaded, my head began to smoke, and eventually, I shorted out.

Proverbs 24:28~ Do not be a witness against your neighbor without cause, and do not deceive with your lips.

1 comment:

  1. I am so with you. But I'm dealing with faulty equipment to begin with so I short out easily.

    ReplyDelete