Thursday, October 21, 2010

I'll take both, please.

The other day, I noticed two signs hanging on a fence.  One read, "Save Money--Yes on C" and the other, "Keep Your Right to Vote--No on C."  I couldn't help but wonder why the people that are so dedicated to making our city, state, and country a better place to live and who "care so much" for the people don't create a proposition that allows me to Save Money AND Keep My Right to Vote.  Is it really wrong to want both?  The funny thing is... I saw an ad in the mail for and against the same proposition and nowhere in the ad could I actually find what the proposition was about.  That's when it hit me...what a sad statement it is; the disregard for the intelligence of the voters that is being displayed.  When it's assumed that all that's needed to get the vote is to put up colorful signs without any explanation at all.  What bothers me more is that they're probably using past experience as the basis for their assumptions... so I guess that means they're probably right.

Don't be afraid to educate your self...and don't be afraid to want both.

Philippians 4:8~  Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment