Saturday, October 9, 2010

I Got Ripped!

I had the opportunity to take my son on a school field trip to the zoo this week.  We got to see all the different animals... with all their different features.  It got me thinking...What if Evolution were true?

The concept of evolution is that over some ridiculous amount of millions or billions of years, our bodies kept developing into something better... from one generation to the next; to the point of the bodies we have now.  I think to myself, "What a rip!"  I mean if we were all once fish and I developed into something better than a fish, then why is it that I can't still breathe underwater?  And if my current body is  better than the fish, then why is it that if you were to put me and a shark in the water together, I'd be the one that was eaten;  I'm supposed to at the top of the food chain, right? Or, another thought, if I kept getting better with each generation, then why did birds get wings, but throughout MY childhood, I had to WALK to school?

So fish swim, birds fly, owls can see at night, cats always land on their feet, and all I got was stupid opposable thumbs.  I'm thinking, keep the thumbs! I'd rather be like the lizard that can grow its tail back...it sure would have made it a lot easier for me to count to 20 instead of always getting stuck at 15!

So, for those of you that want to put your faith (yes, FAITH) into a theory that says that long ago, lightning struck a puddle of goo, we crawled out, and became what we are now, then you should really set your expectations higher.  'Cause I'm thinking that these bodies are mediocre... at best!  I'll put my faith in creation, because the new body that I've been promised, has GOT to better than the one that's falling apart now.

Genesis 1:26~ Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

No comments:

Post a Comment